2014 Student Design Awards
IIDA NY is a professional networking and educational association of more than 600 Members in ten specialty Forums. IIDA NY works to enhance the quality of life through excellence in interior design and to advance interior design through knowledge. IIDA NY provides superior industry information; nurtures a global interior design community; maintains educational standards; and responds to trends in business and design.
The IIDA NY Chapter is a charter chapter of The International Interior Design Association (IIDA), which was founded in 1994 as the result of a merger between the Institute of Business Designers (IBD); the International Society of Interior Designers (ISID); and the Council of Federal Interior Designers (CFID). The goal of the merger was to create an international association with a united mission that would represent interior designers worldwide. Since that date, IIDA has worked to convene communities of interior designers across regions and specialties representing the interests of the entire community.
Since that date, IIDA has worked to convene communities of Interior Designers across regions and specialties representing the interests of the entire community.
The Jury will be made up of members of the IIDA NY's Student Design Awards Committee. Award winning projects will be selected based on the student's stated philosophy of design and the quality of their design portfolio.
- February 10, 2014: CALL FOR ENTRIES
- April 1, 2014: DEADLINE - Project(s) must be submitted via email by midnight April 1, 2014
- APRIL 3, 2014: JUDGING
- APRIL 8, 2004: AWARDS - Winners will be announced at the IIDA NY Student Design Awards Ceremony at Steelcase - 4 Columbus Circle, NYC
IIDA NY will be offering up to five $3,000 awards and up to five $1,000 awards in Interior Design (at the Jury's discretion) plus ten one-year IIDA Student Memberships to award recipients.
Any student (IIDA Member or Non-Member) who is currently enrolled as a junior, senior, or graduate student in an Interior Design program at an accredited New York State college or university may submit an original individual design project. Group projects will not be accepted. Enrollment status for finalists will be verified prior to award. Past IIDA NY Student Design Awards / Student Scholarship winners are not eligible to participate. Past Honorable Mention winners are eligible to submit projects. 2012 Participating Schools included Cornell University, Fashion Institute of Technology, New York Institute of Technology, New York School of Interior Design, Parsons the New School for Design, Pratt Institute, and School of Visual Arts. All submissions are digital and each entrant may submit a maximum of two design projects.
MATERIALS MUST BE SUBMITTED TO email@example.com by the deadline listed above.
The following materials must be submitted:
- A maximum of two individual projects may be submitted
- A Design Statement describing the design problem, your point of view about the solution, and what inspired you about the project (150 words maximum) must be included for each project submitted. Please download the Design Statement template HERE and include it (8-1/2" x 11") with your project submission(s)
- For each individual project do not exceed five 11" x 17" PDF pages
- The first page of each project submitted must be your Design Statement (8-1/2" x 11")
- The second page of each project submitted must contain the project floor plan(s) with no other images
The remaining pages must contain no more than three images per page and may be in any order that represents your design presentation
- Project submissions must be digital and may only be submitted via email
On each image including the design statement, include only the title of your project and the project identification number. Do not includeinformation on your sub mission(s) that would identify you or your school.
- Financial need is not a criteria
- Incomplete submissions or those that are not submitted as 8-1/2" x 11" and 11" x 17" PDFs will be returned to the student for correction/resubmission. Competition submission deadline still applies
- No group projects or projects designed or completed as a professional will be considered
- Failure to disclose group or professional projects will be cause for disqualification
- Projects submitted for this competition may be shown on a PowerPoint presentation at the IIDA NY Student Design Awards Party, on the IIDA NY web site, and at other IIDA NY events
Questions may be directed to: Alan Goodin, Executive Director, IIDA NY Chapter 212-297-2128 or firstname.lastname@example.org