Here are some best practices with resources to help you begin or continue your JEDI and racial equity work. We encourage your team to do their own research which in itself is an educational process and can help you better identify resources most useful for your organization or company.
Culture of Inclusion
- Conduct salary and benefits parity review and adjust to address disparities.
- Implement structures to measure level of employee satisfaction, safety and inclusion.
- Establish mentoring matches for all employees and interns who identify as POC.
- Tips for Reviewing your Employee Handbook with a JEDI Lens
- How to Promote Racial Equity in the Workplace
- Implement surveys and manager reviews to measure changes in employee practice and mindset.
- Consider affinity groups, lunch and learns and other opportunities for employee engagement and training around racial equity & JEDI.
- Collect, analyze and be transparent with recruitment and hiring data.
- Train all employees on unconscious bias and all staff involved in recruiting and hiring.
- Managing Diversity in the Workplace: 7 tips
- Establish recruiting relationships at state and community colleges, HBCUs and with POC-focused professional networks.
- Develop a list of potential collaborators, consultants and businesses who are or are owned by people who identify as POC, Black, Indigenous or Latinx – and expand the number with which we partner.
- Diversity Hiring: 6 Steps To Hiring More Diverse Candidates
- Society for Human Resources Management
- Host organization-wide meetings quarterly, to discuss racial equity topics.
- Incorporate commitment to DEI and racial equity on your website and other marketing materials.
- Communications resources: