CALLING ALL NY INTERIOR DESIGN STUDENTS
IIDA NY is pleased to announce that submissions are now open for its second edition of the Hazel Siegel Scholarship.
The three recipients of the Hazel Siegel Scholarship will be awarded an all-expense paid, three-day trip to the IIDA Texas Oklahoma Chapter’s SHIFT Student Conference in Dallas.
Accompanied by an IIDA NY mentor, they will have the opportunity to participate in project charrettes, tour local design firms, and network with industry professionals. Recipients will also receive student membership to IIDA NY for the calendar year of 2024.
Following Hazel Siegel’s passing in 2020, IIDA NY developed this program, which serves to honor her legacy. Siegel, an acclaimed textile designer and chapter member, held various leadership positions and received numerous honors over 40 years of dedicated service to the chapter. She also served as a professor of textiles at Pratt Institute for over a decade. For her commitment to the design industry, Siegel was named ICON in the industry by Interior Design Magazine’s 75th anniversary issue.
The Hazel Segal Scholarship is open to currently enrolled New York State undergraduate and graduate interior design students in good academic standing. Applicants must be available to participate February 13 – 16, 2024 . Applications are due Monday November 27th, 2023.
- Brings together students, educators & design professionals
- Project Charrettes and Firm Tours
- Portfolio Reviews and Mock Interviews
- Industry Trade Expo
- Multiple Networking Opportunities
- Plus, a 1-year IIDA Student Membership to the NY chapter for 2024
- Open to currently enrolled New York State Undergraduate + Graduate
- Interior Design students in good academic standing.
- Applicants must be available to participate February 13 – 16, 2024
Application Due Date: Monday, November 27, 2023