- This event has passed.
EQUITY COUNCIL LAUNCH (HOLD)
Please join us for a panel discussion with the newly formed Equity Council and the launch of its Design Industry Pledge.
The Equity Council was founded in 2020 to foster engagement and accountability toward meaningful change in the design industry. The Council’s mission is to create a more just and equitable design industry by focusing on four key pillars in the workplace: cultures of inclusion, increased racial diversity, education and communication.
Many organizations are willing to have open conversations about racial equity and want to do the work but don’t know where or how to begin. The Equity Council seeks to bridge that gap with the Design Industry Pledge, an agreement that outlines actionable goals. It includes an Assessment tool for signers to measure their progress annually. The Pledge is open to the entire design community and industry partners alike (members and non-members of IIDA ), including professional associations, project managers, consultants, contractors and others.
- Alethea Cheng Fitzpatrick, Principal & Founder, Co-Creating Inclusion
- Yetta Banks, former VP design & construction, MTV Networks
- Hana Getachew, CEO/creative director, Bole Textiles
- Erin Ruby, IIDA NY chapter president; founder, Erin Ruby Design, LLC
- Elsie St. Léger, IIDA NY Chapter president-elect; assistant project manager, interiors, NYU Langone Health