- This event has passed.
BuffCon 2022 Seminar Series
This year we are kicking off BuffCon with a virtual seminar series which features presentations from Finelite Inc. and Arc-Com, as well as a panel discussion on advocating for the interior design profession.
Day 1: Monday 9/12
Understanding Tunable White Light (1 AIA Credit)
It is well known that overlaying the projection of one color of light with the projection of a different color of light will result in the creation of a third color on the reflected surface. And the use of computer networks to control lighting is nothing new either. What is new is the continued reduction in cost of LED-based luminaires and the development of better, more affordable, user interfaces and controls, making a number of different approaches to white color tuning possible.
Day 2: Tuesday 9/13
Textile Design – Concept to Collection
Journey through the process of creating a textile collection! From design concept, to fiber choice and performance characteristics, to weaving and finishing, to market introduction, this behind the scenes peak into design, manufacturing and marketing will reveal all of the pieces that need to come together to generate a successful textile launch!
Day 3: Wednesday 9/14
Through a series of formulated questions, members will learn what is happening nationally, what our opposition will be, what bill we are going after here in NY, and what they can do to support the cause. Our panel includes Corina Folts IIDA NY VP Advocacy, Marci Merola IIDA Director of Advocacy, Lauren Earley, Esq. ASID Manager of Government & Public Affairs, Matthew Barusch CIDQ Government affairs and Advocacy Manager.
- Pam Straitiff, President & IIDA Buffalo Prof. Development Chair, Carmina Wood Design
- Sarah Parsons, Account Executive, Arc-Com Inc.
- Marissa Colucci, Interior Designer & IIDA Buffalo Advocacy Chair, CPL
- Taylor Rightmire, Area Vice President, FineLite
- Amanda Eaton, Vice President – Design, ArcCom
- Corina Folts, IIDA NY VP Advocacy
- Marci Merola, IIDA Director of Advocacy
- Lauren Earley, ESQ. ASID Manager of Government & Public Affairs
- Matthew Barusch, CIDQ Government Affairs & Advocacy Manager