- This event has passed.
INSTITUTIONAL FORUM: THE NEW STUDIO MUSEUM HARLEM
Take an afternoon break with the Institutional Forum for an insightful discussion on the design of the new Studio Museum in Harlem. Conversations will be based around the history and culture of the site and how the community engagement has influenced the architecture and design of the project. Design Architect, Adjaye Associates and Executive Architect, Cooper Robertson worked in tandem to reinvent the traditional museum experience with a fresh and new perspective. Conversations will be lead by the Institutional Forum’s own Susan Weinberg and Steve Rappos with Speakers include Russel Crader, AIA, Principal at Adjaye Associates, and Erin Flynn, RA, LEED AP, Partner at Cooper Robertson who will give an inside look into the story behind the museum and its importance on the community.
- Susan Weinberg, Shaw Contract
- Steve Rappos, Spinneybeck | Filzfelt
- Russell Crader, Associate Principle, Adjaye Associates
- Erin Flynn, Partner, Cooper Robertson
- Sydney Briggs,Director of Collections and Exhibitions at The Studio Museum in Harlem
- Betsy McClelland, Director, Capital Projects at The Studio Museum in Harlem
- Connie H. Choi, Associate Curator, Permanent Collection, The Studio Museum in Harlem
- Discussion: 12:15pm – 1:15pm
- Networking: 1:15pm – 1:30pm